MedGenome Labs Ltd. is a next generation genomics company with India headquarters in Bangalore and offices in San Francisco in the US and is backed by well-known investors in India and the US. It is a market leader in the clinical genomics space in India and drives research solutions for global biotech and pharma customers in key disease areas such as oncology, ophthalmology, metabolic diseases, neurology and rare diseases.
The successful candidate will be a full-time employee of MedGenome and will work for the Bioinformatics R&D DATA group to provide database management and bioinformatics support for various projects.
The Database Manager – Bioinformatics will provide support with the development, validation, and implementation of next generation sequencing (NGS) datasets for various projects.
- Lead the development and implementation of databases for systematic capturing, faster retrieval of whole genome/exome sequence variants.
- Coordination with various teams of MedGenome for gathering information.
- Integration of genotype and phenotype datasets.
- Coordination with UI development and Bioinformatics teams.
- Development of process for quality control, data encryption and security.
- Assist with data systems to track samples sequenced at MedGenome and partners and provide reports in compliance with standard Quality Management Systems
- Develop, validate and implement bioinformatics technologies for improving data flow and extended quality control.
- Prepare reports, charts, graphs, and presentations as required.
- 2-5 years of experience in development and management of large biological databases.
- Knowledge of working of large databases – gnomAD, ExAC, TopMed.
- Experience with the development and deployment of the large genomic datasets or equivalent datasets.
- Strong knowledge databases – mySQL/ORACLE, noSQL framework like MongoDb.
- Expert in at least one of the programming languages: Python, R, Perl, Java.
- Knowledge of genetic variants and quality metrics related to different platform.
- Knowledge of variant calling frameworks including Hail, GATK.
- Basic understanding of biology.
- BTech/MCA/Msc/MTech/PhD in a scientific discipline related to the responsibilities of the position (i. e. Bioinformatics, Biology, Computer Science, Informatics).
You will also be expected to have:
- Excellent communication, written and presentation skills.
- “Roll-up-your-sleeves” entrepreneurial, start-up attitude.
- The ability to work across teams and functions effectively.