MedGenome Labs Ltd. is a next generation genomics company with India headquarters in Bangalore and offices in San Francisco in the US and is backed by well-known investors in India and the US. It is a market leader in the clinical genomics space in India and drives research solutions for global biotech and pharma customers in key disease areas such as oncology, ophthalmology, metabolic diseases, neurology and rare diseases.
The successful candidate will be a full-time employee of MedGenome and will work for the Bioinformatics R&D DATA group to provide support for various research projects.
The product manager will be responsible for driving the various activities associated with the management and development of MedGenome Variant Database. You will join the R&D data team and work closely with the data scientists and key strategists to develop and advance the product. The product will be utilized internally for data and diagnostics purpose and will also be commercialized.
- Product Manager for MedGenome Variant Database. The database currently holds several thousand sample data. The data includes genomic other sample related information.
- Capturing product requirements, develop product roadmap after discussion with customer and internal managers/strategists.
- Work closely with our data scientists for analytics, R&D development team and software/UI team for prototype development and optimizing our customer and internal support model.
- Drive the complete operations associated with the product including making it HIPAA-compliant, cloud enabled, analytics, and customer/internal team engagement.
- Develop content for marketing collateral and work closely with technical support and development.
- Master/PhD with experience in product management of scientific software and database especially in the area of genomics and/or similar frameworks.
- Familiar with at least one of the following languages: SQL, Python, Perl, R
- PhD/Post-doc in a scientific discipline related to the responsibilities of the position (i. e. Bioinformatics, Biology, Computer Science, Informatics). Strong track record of problem solving and publication in peer reviewed journals
You will also be expected to have:
- Excellent communication, written and presentation skills.
- “Roll-up-your-sleeves” entrepreneurial, start-up attitude.
- The ability to work across teams and functions effectively.