Genomics is an area within genetics that concerns the sequencing and analysis of an organism’s genome. The genome is the entire DNA content that is present within one cell of an organism. Experts in genomics strive to determine complete DNA sequences and perform genetic mapping to help understand disease.
- Participate in all Sanger sequencing, Real-time and NGS based lab operations.
- Assist with DNA/RNA extractions, sample preparation for genotyping, PCR, traditional sequencing, preparing NGS libraries and operating NGS machines in the lab.
- Perform all the relevant Genome analysis and data curation work.
- Provide support for other molecular biology activities in the lab as needed.
- Participate in internal research projects as and when required.
- Help develop molecular diagnostic assays as needed.
- A high ethical standard and scientific rigor should be applied to your work.
- Developing scripts, programs and pipelines for laboratory automation, primer/assay design and data analysis.
- Curating literature data on variations and mutations in human diseases including cancer
- Participate in data analysis as and when needed.
- Molecular diagnostic testing of clinical samples-Analysis and validation of mutations and their clinical relevance, design of primers and probes.
- Reporting to: Associate Scientist / Sr Genome Analyst, Location: MedGenome Bangalore office
- Work Experience – 1+ years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of reference laboratory business, diagnostic tests and processes
- The ability to work across teams and functions effectively
- MSC in Human Genetics